Intake and Case Coordination Services
To receive information on services, individuals can contact the BICR office to speak to the Intake Coordinator.
The Intake Coordinator will:
- Explain the services available for individuals and family members.
- Send written material concerning programs and services.
- Determine if BICR services are suitable to meet an individual’s needs.
- Arrange an intake meeting to further discuss services and/or complete an application and the forms necessary for admission.
- Discuss what goals and achievements are important to the individual.
- Review the application and any relevant reports, including medical information, to assist in determining eligibility.
- Explain the admissions process to access services.
There are times when, due to a large number of applications, a waiting list exists. It is important to contact BICR early in an individual’s rehabilitation to initiate the application process.
Case Coordination is a time-limited service that provides initial service coordination to individuals who are deemed eligible.
This support may include:
- Assistance with linking the individual to other services in the community.
- Introduction to recreational and educational programs offered at BICR.
- Advocating with the individual with regards to immediate concerns such as transportation, housing, finances, etc.
- Providing assistance with developing personal goals.
- Assisting with the transition to BICR services as openings become available.